Sunday, September 30, 2012

World of Warcraft Battleground Suggestion: Skirmish of the Summit (MOBA Style)

Starting with this article, I am going to try a new type of formatting for my posts. This will apply to most of my longer articles from now on to prevent the front page from getting flooded with text and because I've personally observed some slow page loading issues when I have too many long articles on the front page. This will not apply to Newbie Guide posts (and when I mention other exceptions in the future) because I need to index the posts to a specific tag.

MOBA games like DotA (2) and League of Legends are incredibly popular nowadays. Last year it reached the point that for part of the Mists of Pandaria release, Blizzard announced the release of the DotA-style battleground. However, it was announced the battleground would not be available at the time of the release of Mists of Pandaria, which is why it was (to my dismay) not on the beta.

To help stimulate some support for the release of this battleground (since it is dubious at the moment) and because I kind of got bored, I came up with a battleground that would take place in the Mists of Pandaria zone known as Kun-lai Summit and contains a classic clash of Horde and Alliance coupled with some elements of Pandaria (such as the presence of native races).

Note: At the moment, the idea is far from finished since I planned to release this to commemorate two milestones (one of which is 10,000 blog views, the other which I will not be mentioning until I reach it) so check back periodically to see the progression of this battleground idea. This idea is also unfinished because I am trying to gather as much information about Pandaria and level 90 encounter balance (as the battleground will feature both PvP and PvE elements) to make my idea as professional and accurately designed as possible. On that note, because I am working on the battleground still, suggestions and feedback would be fantastic.


I may show this to League of Legends players too to get their feedback and hopefully garner some support for a new League of Legends map (or, at the very least, a relaunch of Twisted Treeline) (As it turns out Twisted Treeline did get a relaunch)

No comments:

Post a Comment