Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Introducing WoW in Retrospect

"Through rose-tinted glasses, some look back on experiences of the past as pleasant. Others view past experiences through a gloomy haze as miserable and perhaps try to bury it to forget. I personally find the past exceptionally interesting and worth analyzing (with an emphasis on objectivity).

World of Warcraft, both through player experience and the numerous iterations it has undergone over time, has had a rich and storied history, thus catching the brunt of my fascination. Whether the history goes back to as far as Vanilla or a patch ago, let's look at WoW in retrospect."

WoW in Retrospect is a new series I'm hoping to get going. While the general tone of the series is intended to err more towards reviewing the history of some concept in World of Warcraft, the initial few episodes will discuss my personal experiences with World of Warcraft over each expansion, up to and including Warlords of Draenor (for now). I'm not sure if I'll post episodes periodically to here, but for now I'll link to the playlist (with the first part as of this posting). This series is where my time's been going for the last couple of weeks, hence why there hasn't been much activity anywhere during that time. This may be a continuing trend until I finish the initial few parts, but I do have an analytical article in the works, so that's something to look forward to on this side of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment