Tuesday, November 11, 2014

World of Warcraft: Finished A Cloak in 6.0 - My Thoughts

Following up on my previous "rant" video and article regarding Blizzard's announcement of the removal of the cloak quest, upon the release of patch 6.0.2, I began to work my way through the legendary quest chain to try to get a fourth legendary cloak. While I was successful (I started from right after A Test of Valor since the quest was removed), I was exceptionally lucky and also had to utilize what I'm assuming is a band-aid fix that Blizzard put in, allowing players to farm Siege of Orgrimmar on Normal (or higher) to get additional attempts to earn items required to finish the legendary quests (though players could still only loot one item per boss), meaning that while the Gaze of the Black Prince buff was removed, the cloak can comfortably be finished in the 4-5 weeks left before Warlords of Draenor (particularly if one was stuck on the Test of Valor step which is a mandatory three weeks of delay). Here is my video of the followup:
Whether the cloak was easy to earn or that players essentially had a couple years to work on it is irrelevant in the face of the somewhat short-notice announcement followed by contradictory changes as to whether Blizzard wanted players finishing their cloaks or not. While I am still upset (and confused) as to how the removal of the legendary cloak quest was handled, I'm glad that Blizzard did give players the capability of finishing the cloak with the change they added to Siege of Orgrimmar's looting system. Considering there has been advance announcement of the legendary ring quest line being exclusive to Warlords of Draenor, players will be less likely to scramble to finish it in that particular case.

On an unrelated note - Happy Veterans/Armistice Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment