Thursday, February 23, 2012

World of Warcraft: Follow-up On A Treatise On Strategy

As some may have remembered, my first article on World of Warcraft involved the Darkmoon Faire and, more specifically, the difficulty of acquiring A Treatise On Strategy. I also covered Patch 4.3.2, which hotfixed A Treatise On Strategy to make it a bit easier to get and made video guides on soloing certain Heroic bosses to get one of your own.

To be honest, I thought that was going to be the end of it until I promptly got two Treatises of Strategy just by passively running Hour of Twilight Heroics. The second time I observed some sort of anomaly, as shown below:

As you can see, I was the only person who "rolled" on A Treatise On Strategy and therefore won it, but then I had to wait for everyone to roll on the Mysterious Grimoire, another piece of dungeon loot that can be traded in for Darkmoon Prize Tickets. This observation leads me to believe that A Treatise On Strategy is an item that can be looted by everyone individually, similar to Soothsayer's Runes from raid content (which can even be looted from LFR Morchok now). Why the game still asks for a roll is strange, however, but it might just be part of the design of the loot that hasn't been changed yet. 

Hopefully my theory is true, although I have yet to see anyone else mentioning this phenomenon. Until then, it's time to sell this extra Treatise and run Heroics for more!

Update: This got changed back as of 3/24. Sad days...

No comments:

Post a Comment