Monday, April 9, 2012

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Beta - A Day Of Glitches

It has yet to be a day and already I think I can make a few more statements about the Mists of Pandaria beta test. It helps to take a bit of time off live (and leveling some characters) to get a bit deeper into detail on the beta. Since I may do this on a daily basis and I don't have as much to say as yesterday, I'll sum up my experiences and observations into several statements:
  • It's a little bit difficult to get used to the new Hunter. I'm used to having separate abilities to do pretty much everything, but with the pruning Blizzard has done, that isn't the case any more.
  • Call Beast, which calls a beast to fight for you for a short time, is broken as the moment. The ability has no cooldown, which led me to make this video (warning - video has a ton of sound):
 
  • Hunter's self healing is absolutely insane. Spirit Bond heals the Hunter for 3% of their maximum health every 2 seconds, which is better than Recuperate (talented), if not every other form of self healing in the game. This is further exacerbated by Chimera Shot, which, when glyphed, heals for about 1% maximum health per second and Exhilaration, which heals the Hunter for 15% maximum health after using Disengage. I never thought I would say such a statement considering the current survivability of Hunters on live...
  • The Pandaren starting zone is broken at the moment (at least on the Lost Isles realm). Mailboxes and gathering objects related to quests do not show up. The Temperance of Edict, which is the scroll Pandarens have to burn (as mentioned in my last article) will also not respawn, making it impossible to progress.
  • (Female) trolls are bugged. Their animations are messed up. For instance, they perpetually dance. I can't say I'm surprised by this considering (male) trolls were bugged in Cataclysm beta for a time too.
The servers are down as of this posting. Hopefully they'll fix some of these issues. I want to get my Monk out of the starting zone...

No comments:

Post a Comment